Delighted to say I have a story in upcoming anthology IRREGULARITY from Jurassic, the details of which were posted today – very exciting as it’s the first I’ve seen of the table of contents. Here’s a bit about the inspiration behind the anthology:
“Using the Longitude Act as the jumping off point, Irregularity is inspired by the great thinkers of the Age of Reason – those courageous men and women who set out to map, chart, name and classify the world around them. The great minds who brought order and discipline to the universe. Except where they didn’t.
Irregularity contains new stories of natural law and those that disobey it, including:
- “Fairchild’s Folly” by Tiffani Angus
- “A Game Proposition” by Rose Biggin
- “Footprint” by Archie Black
- “A Woman Out of Time” by Kim Curran
- “The Heart of Aris Kindt” by Richard de Nooy
- “An Experiment in the Formulae of Thought” by Simon Guerrier
- “Irregularity” by Nick Harkaway
- “Circulation” by Roger Luckhurst
- “The Voyage of the Basset” by Claire North
- “The Assassination of Isaac Newton by the Coward Robert Boyle” by Adam Roberts
- “Animalia Paradoxa” by Henrietta Rose-Innes
- “The Last Escapement” by James Smythe
- “The Darkness” by M. Suddain
- “The Spiders of Stockholm” by E. J. Swift
IRREGULARITY will be available in ebook, paperback, and a limited edition hardback.
I’ll be attending the launch event at the National Maritime Museum on 24 July – tickets are a fiver and you can get them here, so do come along if you can.